In September of 2017 I was asked to create an art program for a local elementary school that I had taught art enrichment classes for years. After teaching art in my children's school, teaching privately and writing all of my own art lessons I was excited about the opportunity. For the next 10 months I threw myself into the task of testing new art lessons and re-writing popular art lessons I taught in my art studio.
The Color Wheel Art Curriculum has 84 original art lessons, designed to engage, entertain and inspire grammar school age children to experiment with art.
- The Color Wheel Art Curriculum is a comprehensive Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - 5th Grade Art Program.
- The Art Program follows the California Department of Education's Visual Art Standards for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
- The program includes 12 unique art lessons per grade. A new art lesson will be added every year to ensure the program stays current.
- Each grade has at least one historical figure or event from their history curriculum.
- Each grade includes artists from different centuries. The program features The Masters, female, minorities, and even contemporary artists
- The students are encouraged to experiment with a large variety of different art supplies and art mediums; canvas, wood, water colors, tempera paint, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
- For more information please visit jpdcolorwheel.com